Friday, March 4, 2011

"Fibonacci in Nature"

This passage made me learn alot. It taught me that Pine cones, Stock-market quotations, Sunflowers, Classical architecture, Reproduction of bees, and Roman poetry all have in common ; and that is they all have something to do with nature. I think Fibonacci purpose was to show us the way she does math. For example he uses  Mystical Connection. He states In nature, male bees reproduce Fibonaccially, and the number of spiral floret formations visible in many sunflowers, spiraled scales on a pine cone and segments on the surface of a pineapple have been found to match Fibonacci numbers. Now, to be honest, i didn't know that. I kind of felt confused when i was reading it but it still was entertaining =).

3 comments:

  1. Word shasha, i didn't know the things about the animals or the pine cones or stock market had to do with Fibonacci's math. I also learned Fibonacci is a girl and not a painter. I also don't get how this has anything to do with animals. You are right it was interesting :). I enjoyed your blog Slysha :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Shasha :] great blog; I wasn't as interested to be honest with his work but I see where people can learn new things each and every day which is a good thing :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog. It really was interesting as you and Stephanie said :) I also learned things that i never knew before. For instance, i never knew Fibonacci even existed! Thanks to Ms.Blair i do now. I also didn't know that the Fibonacci numbers were so long and the way that u get the pattern. Which i am still confused a bout..btw

    ReplyDelete